Accountant/Financial Analyst IV
Ideal for a person who is looking for a challenge, great team, likes to collaborate, and wants to make an impact on an organization. Our client is in search of a candidate with experience in complex project reporting and technical accounting. Conducts highly technical accounting-based research and analysis projects to provide senior management with definitive financial data and advice for their use in setting and achieving profit objectives. An Accounting/Financial Analyst IV is an individual performer who may review and direct with the work of other team members.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Serves as a project leader for an assigned group of less-experienced accountants/financial analysts. Manages a multiple-step, complex project, or several smaller less complex projects simultaneously. Recommends action plans to management and leads implementation.
- Reviews reports, financial statements, journal entries prepared by others. Prepares complex reports with multiple input sources or in-depth calculations.
- Works with management to identify and develop enhanced reporting. Evaluates current reporting tools and processes. Recommends alternative methods and tools to management. Incorporates new tools and processes into existing environment. Trains impacted users.
- Prepares variance analysis of business results to provide management with feedback on achievement of goals. Recommends corrective actions.
- Evaluates major changes in regulations affecting accounting requirements. Reviews technical accounting and regulatory literature and identifies applicability to the company. Recommend action plans to management and leads implementation of action plans.
- Develops internal controls, policies, and procedures. Updates documentation of account descriptions, reconciliation procedures, and accounting policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Six to eight years related work experience or four to six years’ experience with advanced degree or professional certification (CFM, CMA or CPA)
- Advanced end-user computing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Strong leadership and project management experience
- Strong ability to read and interpret technical research and reports and apply information to specific business situations
- Advanced organization skills
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Professional certification (CFM, CMA, or CPA) or advanced degree
- Experience with Oracle general ledger
Salo, LLC, and its affiliates, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran.