Accounts Receivable/Payable Accountant
Salo is seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working candidate to be part of our Internal Finance Department team. Candidates should have a four-year Accounting degree or a two-year Accounting degree with equivalent work experience. A positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team in a high-energy environment are required.
Job Responsibilities Include:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with daily accounts receivable cash application, partnering with customers to resolve accounts receivable related inquires and short pay resolution as well as perform customer balance validations for clients utilizing vendor management systems
- Assist with accounts payable functions such as review of proper invoice approval, invoice entry, disbursement preparation and processing as well as connecting with vendors on inquiries and payment resolution.
- Prepare various month end account reconciliations
- Support information requests within Internal Finance and other departments and respond to external information requests as needed
- Periodically audit internal CRM system to ensure it contains correct information, such as bill rates, billing terms and contract dates
- Prepare documentation for external auditors and third parties as needed
Required Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a combination of the following skills and experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with Accounts Receivable and/or Payable processing is preferred
- Intermediate proficiency working in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience working in Microsoft Great Plains is preferred
- Possess a high degree of attention to detail and strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to provide a strong customer service acumen
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize, handle multiple tasks and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Passionate about continuously improving the accounting function of a dynamic organization.
- Possess a high level of customer service acumen.
- Possess the ability to be flexible while utilizing organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with minimal guidance.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with employees of all levels and business units.
- Work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Align with the Salo company values (Driven, Curious, Positive Energy, Professionalism, Aware/Intuitive and Connecting).
Salo offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental as well as a 401k. Salo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
* This description covers the primary purpose and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.