Imagine being part of a growth company that’s reshaping the employment marketplace. The Benefits Specialist is a key part of that strategy, by ensuring Salo offers cutting edge benefit options to their employees. This role is for you if you are a stickler for details, get energy from taking complex systems and simplifying them, and making sure our employees receive the highest level of service possible. The culture at Salo is fast paced, high energy and service driven. Your day won’t be boring. It will be filled with problem solving for our employees, manipulating spreadsheets to manage the complexity and building processes to help support the growth.
As a Benefits Specialist at Salo, you will:
- Be a subject matter expert in employee benefits. That means administering the benefits programs, medical, dental, vision, basic life, AD&D, flexible spending, FMLA, & STD from onbaording to termination.
- Manage individual health plan marketplace for our consultant population (Gravie).
- Understand the laws. ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, STD, and stay up to date on federal, state and local legal requirements and the implications to Salo.
- Create project plans to enable flawless, employee centric open enrollment.
- Provide expert support and assistance to employees when they need it most.
- Be a Workday expert.
- Responsible for audits, reconciling third party benefit billings, and partnering with finance to ensure payments are accurate and timely.
- Be a part of the internal HR team and pitch in when needed.
A successful Benefits Specialist at Salo will have the following:
- Minimum of 5-7 years hands on benefits administration, CEBS certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Strong understanding of ERISA, ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA
- Experience working in a HRIS system, Workday strongly preferred
- Super strong skills in Excel, Word & Outlook
About Salo, LLC
Salo is a staffing and consulting firm that drives business outcomes in finance, accounting and human resources by providing senior-level expertize on a project or interim basis, as well as finance and accounting search services. Our award-winning firm has offices in the Greater Chicago and Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul regions.
Salo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
* This description covers the primary purpose and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.