Business Development Director-Chicago
The Business Development Director for Salo Chicago is a mission critical position within our organization. This role serves as the primary developer of new business and new consultants for Salo’s Chicago team. The optimal candidate must have a proven track record in sales, leadership and relationship building. Although this role will offer rewarding opportunities, it will also be extremely demanding. This position will manage client and consultant relationships as well as actively seek out new business opportunities on an ongoing basis to drive the success of the Salo Chicago team. This position will develop sales opportunities within their own book of business to continue to grow the firm. Previous sales and staffing experience would provide a strong foundation for this role. Candidates must have a strong ability to work in a team culture and to consistently meet and exceed the accountabilities noted below, which are crucial aspects of this role. A proven ability to work in a high energy, fast-paced environment is required.
Essential Job Function
- Member of the Salo team responsible for building and managing a specific book of business
- Drive business development efforts to align with the vision and overall objectives of the firm
- Ensure all current and prospective clients understand and comprehend the overall mission of Salo
- Interview, source and represent current and prospective consultants in opportunities that will continue to enhance their career objectives
- Responsible for consistently meeting and exceeding sales goals and objectives for Salo Chicago
- Accountable for driving the business in a direction that ensures financial targets are met or exceeded on a consistent basis
- Project oriented, analytical thinker open to communicating new ideas and strategies
- Work in a team-oriented environment while still acting in an independent, leadership capacity
- Collaborate as a team with Business Development Directors working for our affiliate business lines to create brand awareness and growth potential
- Join professional networking organizations to represent Salo Chicago to the community
- Identify opportunities to join a Board or a cause which you are passionate about
- Exude leadership and professionalism at all times and in all situations
Required Skills & Experience
Minimum requirements in terms of educational background work experience, licenses/certifications or other knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA, CPA or equivalent strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years of Accounting and Finance experience strongly encouraged
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees of all levels within the organization, as well as with clients and the public; become a public representative and face of Salo
- Ability to work with a dynamic team of seasoned professionals in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism and incorporating fun into the team culture
- A proven track record in leadership, sales and recruiting in the Chicago marketplace is a plus
Salo is the leader in driving business outcomes in finance, accounting and human resources by strategically placing professionals on a project or interim basis, as well as finance and accounting search services. Our highly professional team and innovative culture have helped earn our firm several awards including the first Blue Zones® Certified Workplace in America, Minnesota Business magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For and a six-time winner of the Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal “Best Places to Work.” Our firm has offices in the Greater Chicago and Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul regions.
* Salo offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental as well as a 401k. Salo, LLC, and its affiliates, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
* This description covers the primary purpose and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all job related details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.