Chief Talent Officer
Nurture and Build Next Generation Growth
As Chief Talent Officer (CTO) at Salo, your impact will be felt across the organization, touching every aspect of our business and every team member As we continue our growth as an organization, this role is essential in attracting and retaining the best talent for Salo.
Building a culture and environment to empower people to thrive will be the key to your success. You will have a rich base to work from in our values-based culture, which guides not only our decisions, our employee and client experiences but our path forward as a firm.
You will lead a combined team of experts – HR, Talent, IT, Facilities and Administration – who are all committed to creating a peerless employee experience. Our entrepreneurial culture embraces change and a different way of thinking – you will have proven experience in guiding diverse teams towards a future goal in a collaborative, action oriented, empowering way. As a thought-leader and positive catalyst for change, you will partner with the COO and Co-Founder, along with Salo’s management team, to map out a path forward to ensure that Salo continues to be the standout leader in every market we serve.
As Chief Talent Officer at Salo, you will:
Drive growth and elevate the employment experience by defining and leading a multi-year talent transformation effort, including:
- Partner with Marketing to refine Salo’s employment brand and embed it into the organization.
- Define Salo’s talent strategy and design new talent management capabilities (e.g. acquisition, development, engagement, performance management, total rewards, etc.)
- Implementing a new HCM solution focused on experience and automation-driving efficiencies
- Build and execute a multi-year leadership development strategy (assessment, feedback/coaching, mentoring, training, succession planning, etc.), ensuring Salo has the right talent leadership in place to deliver a great employment experience and achieve its long-term talent goals.
Lead the HR function supporting all of Salo’s employees including internal and consultants. Areas of responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement HR strategies and processes to drive company growth and employee experience.
- Oversee all aspects of the HR function, including benefits, compensation, recruiting, employee relations, talent development, training and performance management.
Oversee the Information Technology function – areas of responsibility include:
- Develop an IT strategy and plan to support company growth and enhance employee experience.
- Identify and develop the resources needed to support current and future business needs, including staff, structure, computer and phone systems, facilities and vendor management.
A successful Chief Talent Officer at Salo will have the following:
- At least ten years of direct experience working in talent strategy and development within a strategic human resources function. Enterprise-level generalist experience with expertise in employee relations, leadership coaching and change management is required. Previous experience involving the launch and integration of an HRM system is highly desired.
- Direct experience or a strong working knowledge of the following: HRIS, recruitment, engagement, retention, development, performance management, employment branding, succession planning and organizational design.
- Proven ability to influence change and execute strategic initiatives across an organization with a collaborative approach, limited resources and a positive, proactive attitude.
- An undergraduate degree is required at minimum, preferably with an emphasis in business administration, management or human resources.
About Salo, LLC
Salo is a staffing and consulting firm that drives business outcomes in finance, accounting and human resources by providing senior-level expertize on a project or interim basis, as well as finance and accounting search services. Our award-winning firm has offices in the Greater Chicago and Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul regions.
Salo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
* This description covers the primary purpose and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.