Our client is seeking a Controller who will serve as a business partner to management; assisting them in all financial matters related to the Internal Finance team as well as various location directors. The Controller will supervise accounting personnel and have oversight to daily accounting functions and financial controls.
Ideal candidate will have industry experience and/or exposure to non-profit business segments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise 5+ employees in the department as well as director level partners overseeing specific properties.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning, directing work and appraising performance; and resolving problems
- Develop, recommend and implement company-wide policies procedures and internal controls to include accounting and financial reporting systems
- Take full responsibility for the integrity of the differing sites general ledgers
- Manage and oversee the fixed asset system, supervise full cycle accounting processes for all properties, development projects and subsidiary entities. Supervise all intercompany accounting
- Supervise financial audits and cost certifications. Provide tools and financial information for preparing operating budgets, projections and cash flow forecasts
- Review the operating bank reconciliation and reconcile the payroll account
- Identify any accounting issues or problems and work with CFO, Operations and Accounting staff to resolve
- Maintain strong financial controls
- Work with external auditors and consultants to assure compliance with applicable state and federal requirements
- Prepare for and facilitate year end processes including audit, compilation, and tax services provided by public accountants
- Oversee and drive the annual budget process. Use intimate knowledge of assigned communities business activities to provide value to the budget process
- Manage information compliance requirements from banks, mortgage companies, bond holders, and various government agencies
- Minimum of 10 years related experience with at least 5 years in supervisory roles
- Knowledge of regulations regarding housing finance programs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (DESIRED)
- Four year accounting degree from major college or university
- CPA designation preferred – active or inactive license
*No relocation offered
Salo, LLC, and its affiliates, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran.