Responsible for maintaining the general ledger and producing accurate company monthly financial statements in a timely manner. The Controller is responsible for leading and supervising the billing, collections, payables, payroll and treasury functions for all business entities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist staff with general ledger adjusting entries.
- Assist with closing sales, payables, fixed assets and maintenance cost center for the month.
- Prepare and enter monthly general ledger entries for account reconciliations.
- Close company general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Prepare company monthly interim financial statements.
- Prepare monthly bank covenant compliance report for CFO by scheduled deadline.
- Assist CFO in preparing company budgets, operating statements, balance sheets, cash flows.
- Assist CFO with projects, financial information requests including financial reports and budgets for all business entities.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
- Review daily line of credit facility activity including deposits, transfers, availability and determine needs for transfers based on week’s cash needs.
- Assist accounting personnel with EFS and highway use tax matters.
- Lead accounting department meetings and assist other accounting functions when requested.
- Collaborate with staff to set department and individual expectations. Manage and organize staff to meet expectations.
- Assist with set up of interface and implementation of payrolls for ADP.
- Partner with HR department to administer 401K plan.
- Attend work consistently and punctually. Request time off per policy.
- Other duties as assigned by CFO.
To perform this job successfully and meet performance expectations, this individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed in a satisfactory and timely manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Accounting and/or finance background
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Ability to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions
- Ability to solve unstructured problems, set and achieve goals
- Planning and organizing – uses time efficiently
- Communication skills – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates teamwork – team player
- Proficiency with computers, including accounting software (Great Plains) and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word).
Education &/or Experience:
- Minimum AA degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Three years verifiable accounting supervisory experience.
- CPA (active or inactive) preferred.
Salo, LLC, and its affiliates, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran.