Our manufacturing industry client is seeking a Controller to help build out their Finance Operations as well as some of the detailed Accounting and Finance work.
The ideal candidate will have experience with interactive leadership, team development as well as strong Accounting and Finance abilities. This is detailed accounting leadership position with great upward potential with a company that is growing. There is a team of 4-5 direct reports and this position works closely with the CFO and ownership.
Responsible for managing the organization’s accounting and financial reporting functions which includes insuring that adequate internal controls are in place and that financial statements are issued in accordance with GAAP. Additionally, the Finance and Accounting Manager, engages in financial analysis of such areas as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage the Finance and Accounting Staff
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the treasury department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Assist in determining the company’s proper capital structure.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management.
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement.
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management.
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance. MBA and/or CPA Certification Desirable.
- 10 plus years of progressively responsible hands on accounting managerial experience.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and/or finance within a similarly related industry.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to clearly present and communicate financial information to Executive and Senior level management.
Salo, LLC, and its affiliates, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran.