$130k - $185k plus bonus
Global Controller (52251)
Our Client delivers the broadest range of technology solutions for the global news media industry, including content management, digital advertising, circulation, and audience relationship management. The company’s innovative solutions and professional services help media organizations engage audiences through Web, print, mobile, and social media channels. Our client helps more than 3,000 publishers around the world compete for audience and revenue across the entire media landscape.
The Global Controller is responsible for the company’s financial controls and policies, its accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. This position will oversee the timely monthly close of the General Ledger, consolidation and reporting of financial results, coordination of audits, the establishment and maintenance of accounting policies, including revenue recognition and the development of efficient and effective processes that also support compliance to internal controls. Additionally, this position includes responsibility for all daily activities and development of a team of employees globally. Our Client is growing via acquisition. The role also includes leading integration and recording acquisitions, including valuation of intangibles and purchase accounting. In addition, this role oversees and is responsible for the success of audits under US GAAP and statutory audits throughout our foreign entities. In 2018, this role is also overall responsible for the implementation and development of adequate processes to support new revenue recognition rules.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the company’s overall system of accounts, books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Establishes and ensures compliance with a Global monthly close calendar, standard journal entries and standard reconciliations.
- Establish accounting policies in accordance with US GAAP and accounting practices and procedures are maintained to support compliance with US GAAP accounting policies.
- Establish policies and processes for software revenue recognition, including review of contracts and use of subsystems to ensure revenue is recording in according with current revenue recognition policies and processes are effective to ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes and regulations.
- Ensures accurate & timely financials are in compliance with US GAAP standards with adherence to tight closing calendar. Identifies any areas of concern in financials for investigation & resolves.
- Ensures financial accounts are properly supported and reconciled.
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring compliance to internal controls.
- Manages and improves weekly reporting.
- Reviews and ensures accurate and timely computation and payment of payroll, commissions, MBO and all other expenses.
- Full coordination of audit and the gathering of required audit information, preparation of financial statements & footnotes, and preparation of tax accounts.
- Directs the daily activities and the career development of team members, including hiring, coaching, reviewing work, establishing goals and performance management of Global team members as required.
- Strong communication with executive leadership and senior leaders throughout the organization.
- Leading implementation of new revenue recognition rules and establishment of adequate processes.
- Leading integration from acquisitions as well as valuation of intangibles and purchase accounting.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BS or BA in Accounting / MBA a plus
- 5+ years’ experience to include a leadership position.
- Strong technical and PC skills (particularly Microsoft Excel and Access).
- Strong and broad experience in accounting and ability to apply strong US GAAP knowledge to business scenarios.
- Exposure to and strong understanding of software/technology revenue recognition required.
- Experience in working in a Global environment.
- A superior level of initiative and drive.
- Passion for instituting effective and efficient processes and controls.
- Communication skills for credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Natural sense of ownership for projects and duties and innate desire to lead by example and drive business progress forward.
- Ability to drive change effectively across functional areas and amass the necessary resources to meet all deadlines and initiatives.
- Experience establishing and standardizing best practices and effectively relaying procedures to department.
- Experienced Controller proven in managing a global team and entity structure.
- Skilled in managing the entire quote to cash lifecycle with particular focus on renewals and collections.
- CPA experience (may be inactive) preferred.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast paced environment, required.
- Strong organization skills required.
Salo, LLC, and its affiliates, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran.