HR Solutions Consultant
Salo has built a set of services and capabilities around the most pressing issues faced by leaders in Finance & Accounting to enable them to meet their strategic and operating objectives. Our Advisory Services combine deep functional expertise in Human Resources and a practical hands-on approach to help clients improve their operating margins. Our scope of services includes human resources advisory and consulting solutions that improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Consultant role includes the following responsibilities:
- Project Delivery – Coordinate with others on engagements as-needed to ensure consistent engagement logic. Participate in data gathering, analysis, formulating conclusions and recommendations.
- Develop quality deliverables using Salo Solutions templates and per statement of work
- The position requires the time commitment and travel to be expected with serving clients across the Minneapolis-St. Paul marketplace
- Contribute to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results; learning new skills needed by the team; finding new ways to help the team
Work Experience and Education Requirements:
The ideal Consultant candidate should:
- Be a trusted advisor with an established network within the network of companies they have served or are serving
- Possess functional expertise related to their primary area of practice
- Be a respected team member; inspire teams and clients to achieve at highest levels; strengthen team dynamics
- Have a strong commitment to professionalism and client service excellence
- Have an ability to succeed outside the structure and support of a large firm
- Have excellent presentation, communication and influencing skills
- Education – Bachelor’s degree required
Preferred Certifications (May not be active, but candidates should be eligible for reactivation):
- Prosci Change Management
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive, relevant experience
- Experience at a consulting or professional services firm is a plus
- Experience using a consulting process and methodology, working with clients
- Broad experience over a diverse range of industry functions and/or across multiple industry players
- Demonstrated ability to develop a deep understanding of industry issues, trends and technologies
- Experience planning and managing work for self
- Demonstrated leadership skills and aptitude; track record of personal and professional success
Competencies & Personal Attributes:
- Confident and competent to operate with integrity and communicate with ease from the highest levels of clients’ organizations down to the manager levels, gaining trust all along the way
- Strong conceptual, analytical and critical thinking skills
- A high threshold for ambiguity and lack of structure and process
- Willing and able to be very “hands-on” in both client work and in business building activities
- A fresh thinking, innovative style that will energize and motivate both clients and colleagues with creative insights and new approaches to solving problems
- Humble and appreciative, yet commanding an executive presence
- Effective and Results Driven: Gets the most out of resources while achieving results; establishes measurable goals and milestones for project management; sets time frames and priorities
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Works effectively in a partnership-type practice where influence is gained and exercised based on merit and content, not on title and reporting relationship; cooperation, contribution and accountability are key factors for success; an eagerness to do what it takes to ensure that trusting and supportive relationships are built
- Able to impact people, process, and technology to solve business problems
- Ties solutions to business strategy and objectives
- Able to predict and plan for downstream impacts of solutions
- Proactively manages issues and risks
- Stays up to date on industry and technology trends that impact the practice area
Salo is the leader in driving business outcomes in finance, accounting and human resources by strategically placing professionals on a project or interim basis, as well as finance and accounting search services. Our highly professional team and innovative culture have helped earn our firm several awards including the first Blue Zones® Certified Workplace in America, Minnesota Business magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For and a six-time winner of the Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal “Best Places to Work.” Our firm has offices in the Greater Chicago and Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul regions.
Salo offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental as well as a 401k.
* This description covers the primary purpose and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.
Salo LLC and its affiliates, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran. Salo reserves the right to amend, delete, deviate from, or change this policy at its sole discretion.