Managing Director (Chicago)
Build something real, rare, and meaningful
In the fast-paced world of finance and accounting, true leaders are those who pair knowledge and experience with a passion for serving the people and causes that matter.
As Managing Director at Salo, you’ll step into an environment with a proven track record in progressive financial service – an environment that also offers unlimited potential for future growth. Here, you’ll discover the resources and infrastructure you need to hit the ground running, and the support to guide your team of talented consultants into a new era of success.
This Managing Director role has two key focus points – both essential in creating success. The first is to attract and retain the best Salo team possible, all in a way that nurtures and expands our team’s careers and our overall opportunity. The second – and equally important – is to build a dynamic sales engine that drives business performance in a way that is true to our Salo brand. This means that you’ll jump right into an existing sales team and strategy, with the immediate opportunity to personally determine the best way forward.
Although we’re big on collaboration and knowledge-sharing, you’ll enjoy autonomy in how you develop your team and drive sales results. In other words, this is your show. You’ll represent the Salo mission and message, engaging with clients and consultants in impactful (and fun!) ways that demonstrate we’re all working toward something far greater than just ourselves.
The Managing Director position is about new horizons. Our entrepreneurial culture embraces change and a different way of thinking, so expect to discover your own untapped creativity as you innovate future-proof solutions for clients and for your team. This role isn’t a job; it’s a challenging, deeply rewarding career full of possibility and promise for an exceptional professional.
Key responsibilities include:
- Attract and retain a high-performance team of Business Development Directors (BDDs) and Business Support Services team.
- Build an engaging team culture that is tailored to Chicago, yet also part of the overall Salo brand.
- Coaching and mentoring of team to build strength and performance
- Drive sales goals
- Build on existing sales strategy, team skills, tools, market knowledge and relationships to build and convert sales pipeline
- Act as a brand ambassador that ensures that the message, reputation and experience of Salo is stand-out, professional and consistent
- Be active member of an energetic, highly motivated Salo leadership team
- Ownership of budget for the business unit – includes creation, management and reporting of annual budget with leadership team.
- Contribution to annual strategic planning activities
- Undergraduate degree required; Advanced education (MBA, CPA or Advanced Finance degree) preferred.
- Proven track record of sales leadership with favorable results in the management and ownership of a P&L while growing a business or service line.
- Must bring strong understanding and multi-functional knowledge in finance and accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years of comprehensive, increasingly responsible management and sales leadership experience.
- Professional services experience strongly preferred.
- Broad exposure in a staffing, recruiting or service business a plus.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees of all levels within the organization, as well as with clients, consultants and the community.
- Active member of the Chicago business community with a healthy network of business professionals.