Sales Director (HR Business Unit)
As Sales Director at Salo, you’ll lead a team of motivated Business Development Directors – specialized in the world of HR – that are passionate about helping clients solve complex HR business challenges and helping Salo consultants create meaningful, fulfilling engagements that build their careers.
At Salo, our success depends on our ability to partner together while driving individual results through consistent, passionate implementation of our strategic plan. As an essential ally and partner of the Managing Director, HR, you will contribute to the creation and execution of strategies that help drive your team’s success, while also building Salo’s overall brand and reputation in the Twin Cities market. You’ll continue to evolve these strategies as your team’s business grows, and will work side-by-side with your team to implement those plans. You’ll also collaborate with Sales Directors across other business lines to share knowledge and develop collective insights that will benefit the broader organization.
In this role, you’ll need to have a unique balance of positive, proactive people leadership, as well as an inspiring and authentic approach to building business. Highly accountable for your and your team’s performance, you’ll likely feel energized by finding and driving unique and compelling opportunities in the marketplace for your teams and your clients, but will also be motivated by making a difference in individual’s lives.
- Lead, coach and mentor team of high performing Business Development Directors
- Establish and deliver annual revenue plans for each member of the team that align to Salo’s overall vision and growth plans
- Develop account planning and client development activities to meet and exceed KPI and financial targets
- Collaborate with the Managing Director to enhance and execute the strategic plan for the HR business unit
- Recruit, hire and train new Business Development Directors
- Expand the Salo network by actively participating in marketplace activities such as HR leadership and industry association events, networking events and Salo sponsored events
- Develop advisory relationships with executive level HR and business leaders
- Lead efforts to attract and retain top HR consulting talent
- A proven history of success in leadership and sales with a minimum of four years as a formal leader and eight years of overall business experience
- Experience with recruiting and an established network of leaders within the Minneapolis//St. Paul marketplace is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees of all levels within the organization, as well as with clients and the public; become a public representative and face of Salo
- Ability to work with a dynamic team of seasoned professionals in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism and incorporating fun into the team culture
- Undergraduate degree required
About Salo, LLC
Salo is a staffing and consulting firm that drives business outcomes in finance, accounting and human resources by strategically placing senior-level professionals on a project or interim basis, as well as finance and accounting search services. Our award-winning firm has offices in the Greater Chicago and Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul regions.
Salo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
* This description covers the primary purpose and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.