St. Paul, MN
$75,000 - $90,000
Senior Accountant (52479)
This is a highly visible position with an ability to make an impact. The opportunity for professional growth in this role is limited only by your desire to grow. This position should be interesting to you because you have strong business acumen and your technical skills are strong in accounting and finance. The role will work closely with the Controller, CFO and VP Finance in the daily operational and technical accounting areas.
The position will be responsible for month end close, reconciliations, variance analysis, completing compliance reports, and ad hoc reporting. To be successful in this role you must have a sense of urgency, attention to detail and be willing to work in a dynamic, fast paced and changing structure.
Desired Education and Experience:
• Four year degree in finance or accounting
• Three years minimum accounting experience
• Great Plains accounting software experience strongly desired
• Accounting experience in detail oriented, high volume business
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Individual must be able to work comfortably with people at all levels as the position requires frequent interaction with other departments in the organization.
• Strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and analytical skills
• Ability to comfortably work in an intensely deadline-oriented environment
• Extensive Excel experience required. Experience with the use of pivot tables, v-lookup, and other data filtering/sorting and analysis tools are a plus
• Demonstrated execution of process improvement a plus
• CPA highly preferred
• Strong Systems Aptitude
• Prefer candidates with high transaction experience from industries such as staffing, security, janitorial or multi-unit retail.
Salo, LLC, and its affiliates, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran.