• Record, classify, research and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles including the oversight, review and preparation of various monthly and adjusting journal entries.
• Perform and co-monitor the monthly close process by taking responsibility for the preparation and review of a variety of account reconciliations and adjusting journal entries.
• Prepare, analyze and document analytical commentary for monthly financial statements.
• Partner with Human Resources to manage and prepare the bi-weekly payroll cycle, which includes but is not limited to:
Assist in payroll related budgeting on an annual basis
Monitor and manage year end reporting for payroll purposes
Timely and effectively interact with consultants and internal employees regarding payroll or payroll tax related questions
Process and interface with third party agent to resolve questions or issues timely
• Administer fixed assets module and reporting for both book and tax as well as monthly depreciation calculations.
• Assist with ad hoc or special projects as needed for external audits or internal requests.
• with little supervision.
• Support the Controller in timely and accurately filing of insurance renewals along with compiling the required documentation.
• Support the Controller in timely and accurately filing of state registration documents for both newly registered and existing states.
• Support ad hoc information requests from the finance team and other internal functions.
• Back-up the responsibilities of the Staff Accountant, including weekly invoicing, commission reporting, and sales and use tax.
• Partner/support the Controller in monitoring, assessing and evaluating internal controls and periodically make suggestions and deploy changes for process improvements into operations.
• Lead or participate in system enhancements, project management/oversight, process improvements, and other department projects.
• Use company technology to accomplish position responsibilities and special assignments in an effective and timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of the following skills and experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting. MBA degree or CPA certification preferred. Minimum GPA of 3.5.
2. Five years of hands-on accounting experience and demonstrated financial management knowledge.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
4. Experience with Great Plains Accounting software preferred.
5. Proven ability to drive innovation and utilize technology to enhance processes and drive efficiencies.
1. Passionate about continuously improving the accounting function of a dynamic organization.
* This description covers the primary purpose and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.
Salo LLC and its affiliates, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran. Salo reserves the right to amend, delete, deviate from, or change this policy at its sole discretion.