$130k - $190k + Bonus
Senior Director of Finance (51536)
The Senior Director of Finance will report directly to the Segment Vice President of Finance and is
responsible for ensuring the timely preparation, accuracy and integrity of financial results and
external financial reporting, as well as the maintenance of strong and effective internal controls.
The Senior Director of Finance is responsible for the company’s financial policies, its accounting practices, the
conduct of its relationships with internal and external auditors, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and
preparation of financial reports. Direct reports include the following: Controller, Plant Controller and Senior Internal Control Specialist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains the company’s system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company activity
including monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting. Owns and directs the financial close process and consolidation of information for the segment close.
2. Acts as the key technical accounting resource
3. Accountable for balance sheet integrity and cross-functionally optimizing working capital management.
4. Manages and ensures the success of all internal and external audits and related improvements to the
company’s internal control environment, directly and indirectly by supporting other business
units within the segment.
5. Ensures process and procedures are in place and operating effectively for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Sarbanes Oxley requirements,
company policies, and all other applicable financial laws and regulations.
6. Maintains the accuracy and reliability of cost accounting standards, product costs and
inventory valuation, including reserves.
7. Responsible for tax filing and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other
applicable taxes including ensuring all appropriate business licenses are filed. Responsible for liaising
with tax department SMEs to ensure proper ongoing compliance.
8. Develops and maintains strong and effective relationships with team and the segment business unit finance leaders and their teams, to enable high levels of transparency, communication, collaboration and process standardization.
9. Directs the accounts payable, customer invoicing and payroll support activities, with a focus
on high customer service levels and best service cost around shared transaction services.
12. Supports business improvement initiatives through financial analysis, reports and recommendations.
Supports the implementation of strategic and operational business plans, projects, programs and
13. Assures that adequate written policies, procedures, work instructions and controls are maintained for
accounting activities under the direction of the role.
14. Drives continuous improvement activities to increase the effectiveness of financial processes and the
information systems supporting these processes.
15. Hires, leads, coaches and develops finance and accounting staff to maximize productivity, capability and
quality and to insure clarity of accountabilities among personnel and cultivate leadership potential.
16. Serves as a change agent, proactively identifying opportunities and implementing process efficiencies to
improve both functional and overall business operations and results.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Minimum of 12 years of related experience, including a strong track record of career progression and
accounting/finance team management
• CPA with active CPA license highly preferred.
• Public accounting experience
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Administration or General Business
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent managerial and organizational skills
• Experience with J. D. Edwards ERP and Financial applications
• Ability to clearly define, lead and communicate change
• Successful experience analyzing and resolving complex accounting issues of broad scope using independent judgment
Salo, LLC, and its affiliates, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran.