$170k-190k plus bonus
VP of Finance (52114)
Choosing a career with the organization means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, the organization is an ideal team to join.
The VP Finance & Controller provides leadership and oversees the finance and accounting functions of a complex multi-company financial services corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes effective financial planning, analysis and measurement techniques, and oversees the development of business plans and budgets for all companies
- Assists in performing corporate strategic planning, including both short-term and long-term analysis
- Assesses strengths and weaknesses of financial management strategies and implements steps to improve them
- Provides analysis of complex situations, preparation of formal presentations, and presentations to senior management and Board of Directors
- Oversees all aspects of cash flow, cost allocation, budgeting, financial statements, consolidations, and financial modeling and analysis for complex multi-company financial services corporation
- Ensures the integrity and accuracy of financial transactions and measurement
- Oversees payables and receivables calculation and management
- Identifies and implements opportunities for expense management and other cost saving initiatives
- Assists in identifying business opportunities and providing strategic assessments for senior executive management
- Coordinates the activities of external auditors, including but not limited to public accounting firms, The Department of Education Inspector General and General Accounting Office in conjunction with Internal Audit and the Internal Revenue Service.
- Responds to reports issued by external auditors including the implementation of recommendations, as appropriate in concert with Internal Audit
- Establishes effective financial planning, analysis and measurement techniques, and oversees the development of business plans, sales forecasts and budgets
- Oversees tax affairs of the company including tax planning and compliance
- Maintains current knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting student loan industry
- Hires, trains, manages and develops department staff which includes conducting performance reviews and addressing department concerns
- Complies with all company Policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience, Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred
- 10+ years management/leadership experience
- 10+ years of progressive experience in managing finance/accounting functions and departments
- Experience in for-profit and nonprofit environments
- Strong knowledge of financial services and/or student loan industries
- Must possess demonstrated decision making ability, experience in managing budgets and proven resource management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- High level of technical, organizational and project management skills and knowledge of business management practices
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze problems, set objectives and develop effective solutions
Solid knowledge working in a computer-based office suite environment; Microsoft Windows or MAC Office
Salo, LLC, and its affiliates, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran.